Saint Joseph Chaplet
The St. Joseph Chaplet contains fifteen groups of four beads. Each group of four consists of one white bead and three blue beads. The white beads symbolize the purity of St. Joseph and the blue beads represent his saintly piety. A Mystery of the Rosary is contemplated while each group of beads is prayed.
The Fifteen Mysteries:
1. The Annunciation of the Angel Gabriel to Mary (The Angel's annunciation to Joseph in a dream should also be considered here)
2. The Visitation of Mary to St. Elizabeth
3. The Nativity
4. The Presentation in the Temple (The Circumcision of Our Lord may be considered here, too)
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
6. The Agony in the Garden
7. The Scourging at the Pillar
8. The Crowning with Thorns
9. The Carrying of the Cross
10. Jesus' Death on the Cross
11. The Resurrection of Our Lord
12. The Ascension of Our Lord
13. The Descent of the Holy Ghost
14. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
15. The Coronation of the Virgin
How to pray the St. Joseph Chaplet:
Make the Sign of the Cross.
Offer any intentions you may have.
On the white bead, announce the Mystery, and say two Hail Marys.
On each of the three blue beads, say: “Praised and blessed be Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!”
End the chaplet with the following prayer:
V. Pray for us, O holy St. Joseph!
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ!
V. Let us pray.
O God, Who has predestined St. Joseph from all eternity for the service of Thine Eternal Son and His Blessed Mother, and made him worthy to be the spouse of this Blessed Virgin and the foster father of Thy Son: we beseech Thee, through all the services he has rendered to Jesus and Mary on earth, that Thou wouldst make us worthy of his intercession and grant us to enjoy the happiness of his company in Heaven. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.